For this amount of money I would expect the upholstery to hold up for the amount of limited use it gets. As you don't sit in it on a regular basis. My leather part is good but the face of the arms is peeling off the face of the seat is peeling off and the headrest is peeled off, thus making it look horrible in our room. The mechanics of it work just fine but the wear for upholstery terrible. Human Touch has offered me another chair for 50% off + tax and shipping which will again have the same problems. Hmmm
Purchased chair at Costco in Montclair, CA on 8/21/2015. Kicker Shaver was the sales representative. He was so helpful and suggested we try the chair for a few days there at Costco. He explained the functions of the chair and at the end of each visit I notice en improvement. Kicker was so patient and polite with me he made me feel very comfortable with the way he represented the company.
I agree with a few of the other points made in prior reviews. I am disabled and have had 4 previous back surgeries. I need a chair that I can spend 12 hours a day in to assist in minimizing my pain and discomfort. After 30 days of using it, Here are the issues I am having:
1) The seat cushion does move and interfere with the foot rest coming in;
2) The leg rest does not extend far enough for me and I am only 6 foot tall, and I also use the back height setting on the shortest. It appears this was made for someone with really short legs and a tall torso;
3) The butt/hamstring massage is very weak
4) When using the height setting at the lowest, the head cushion is too thick but without a cushion, your head tilts way back
5) The person who is in the chair, is unable to flip the foot rest from massage mode to rest mode without getting out of the chair while the legs are extended which is unreasonable for people who generally need this chair.
Here are the things I like about the chair:
1) The pre-programmed massage modes are fantastic
2) The manual massage modes for hitting one of those "spots" are easy to use and that spot is easy to hit
3) The motor after strong and quiet
4) The look is classy
5) It is generally comfortable to be in for longer periods
I special ordered this chair from a local furniture store that handled other HT products. I bought this because my daughter has one (about 5 yrs old)and I loved it. Unfortunatley, the design had somewhat changed. The seat on my daughters chair was permanently affixed. My chair has the seat attached with velcro tabs. The seat cushion moves/slides forward and hinders the footrest when it retracts. The footrest ALWAYS gets caught up on the cushion and won't retract unless I push/pound it down with the heals of my feet. Needless to say, quite aggravating especially when you have paid nearly $6,000.00 for it. I love all the massage features, the leather, etc., but you surely need to go back to the old cushion design! Any suggestions on what to do to remedy the situation?
This is my second chair from you. The last one that I bought had a rich brown color, this one almost looks black. Since it sits in my living room it no longer matches the furniture, The last chair the foot rest rotated to the floor, this one goes straight out. The book shows it should go to the floor. Overall appearance is that it is a cheaper exterior material.
Seat is hard, and the massage in the seat area not hard enough. I thought this chair would be better than my old human touch chair because at 6 foot 3, the old one, without foot massage, just seemed to small/short for me. If I had it to do over, I would have purchased a separate foot massage unit with a chair more similar to my old one.